I hope someone picks up one idea from my projects. If they do, it will mean that the website works. You may have better ideas and I really want to hear them. Please leave comments so I can also learn new ways of doing something.. Thanks for checking out my web site...

Friday, August 20, 2010

The boat and trailer

I thought I bought this boat and trailer for a good price. I paid 1200.00 for this trailer and a 17' river boat with a 85 horse Johnson jet motor. Turns out, it looks like the trailer has had some significant damage some time in the past. These pictures show just what I am up against...



Here is a picture of the trailer minus 8 huge rollers mounted on 1" steel rods..


The tongue turned out to be bent where it connects to the trailer.


Requiring a new piece of 1/4' thick walled 3" square tubing..







Then,,,,, I looked at the axle and seen that it looked like an S curve on a mountain highway.. Also, some nitwit welded the hubs on top of the axle instead of in the axle tubing.





Here is a picture of one of the fender I modified to make it easier for tire removal...

before
after



Stay tuned for updates on this project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment